5th Annual Continuous Improvement Conference Speaker Roster Announced
SAN FRANCISCO — July 18, 2012. Electric-utility executives and nuclear-power professionals join safety oversight representatives from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (U.S. NRC) and the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) to address the 5th Annual Continuous Improvement Conference on September 25-28th at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco. This year’s Conference, geared toward practitioners and executives, focuses on capturing knowledge to achieve excellence and promote a strong safety culture.
The conference speaker roster follows:
- Susan Eisenhower, President, Eisenhower Group; Member, Blue Ribbon Panel for America's Nuclear Future
- The Honorable Kristine L. Svinicki, Commissioner, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Ed Halpin, SVP and Chief Nuclear Officer, Pacific Gas & Electric, Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant
- Brian Reilly, SVP and Manager, Nuclear Operations, Bechtel Power Corporation
- Ali Azad, SVP and Chief Business Development Officer, The Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Diane Sieracki, Senior Safety Culture Program Manager (External Safety Culture), Office of Enforcement U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Tim Rausch, SVP and Chief Nuclear Officer, PPL Generation
- Rafael Flores, SVP and Chief Nuclear Officer, Luminant, Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant
- Dennis Koehl, SVP and Chief Nuclear Officer, Xcel Energy
- Brian O'Grady, VP and Chief Nuclear Officer, Nebraska Public Power District
- Stephen A. Byrne, President, Generation & Transmission, and COO of South Carolina Electric & Gas (SCE&G)
- Carl Parry, President & CEO, Utilities Service Alliance
Industry leaders will frame industry challenges and opportunities for improvement in morning sessions. Then business owners, practitioners, and industry suppliers will explore innovative solutions in afternoon panels and workshops. Benchmarking opportunities will include case studies and lessons learned for Nuclear, Fossil and Renewables, Oil, Gas & Chemical, and the EPC community, among others. A technical track for IT personnel will focus on cyber security and application of new-generation software solutions.
The Conference is underwritten by DevonWay, Inc., a San Francisco-based software supplier of continuous improvement and enterprise asset management solutions, with additional sponsorship from Bechtel Power Corporation and The Babcock & Wilcox Company among others.
Additional Conference information, including online registration, is available at www.ContinuousImprovementConference.com
The leader in enterprise-class, hosted solutions for the nuclear industry, DevonWay supplies innovative Continuous Improvement (CI) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software solutions to all utilities. DevonWay provides the fastest path to regulatory compliance, new efficiencies that reduce operating costs, and safer operations with increased asset optimization. Used by over 50% of U.S. commercial nuclear power plants, as well as fossil, renewables, and new-plant construction by EPC firms, DevonWay’s applications are highly configurable, easy to use, quick to deploy, and built to interoperate with popular enterprise systems of record. For more information, visit www.devonway.com.
VP – Business Development