Founded in 2005, DevonWay is a software company based in San Francisco, California, with offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and Portland, Oregon. We hire the brightest talent we can find and challenge them to delight our customers and use their best judgement: our only two rules.
We use our internally developed cloud computing platform, YourWay™, to build web-based, rules-driven, workflow-centric applications for customers in many industries.
The successful candidate will have the ability to excel in a fast-paced technical environment, be a quick-learner, have a solid understanding of the application development lifecycle, enjoy technical challenges, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
The Account Services Department is the key intersection between DevonWay technology and our customers. Application Engineers work directly with customers to gather requirements, design solutions, and then configure and deliver applications. A critical component of this process is to meet with the customers to gain an understanding of their business needs and the business processes they would like to automate using DevonWay software.
The main deliverable from an Application Engineer is a high-quality, reliable, and easy-to-use application that meets the customer’s needs. By using the DevonWay YourWay platform these applications can be built without having knowledge of specific programming languages, like Java. Application configuration, however, does require advanced technical skills. Depending on the size and scope of the project, the Application Engineer may also fill the role of Project Manager. All Application Engineers also assist in providing technical support to all existing customers.
DevonWay is looking for an Application Engineer to work in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
One of DevonWay’s customers is the Idaho National Laboratory (INL), located in Idaho Falls, Idaho. INL currently utilizes many DevonWay applications and plans to implement additional applications in the coming years. One key mission of INL is research related to the nuclear power generation industry, a key industry that DevonWay serves. An outcome of certain research projects is software to improve and automate processes in that industry. The Application Engineer located in Idaho Falls will work each day in an INL facility providing the following services:
- Customer Service
- Requirements gathering
- Application enhancements/modifications
- Issue troubleshooting and resolution
- New application/prototype application development
- Training of INL employees in the use of DevonWay applications and YourWay
- Application/YourWay upgrade assistance
- Represent DevonWay in professional manner
While the Application Engineer will be located in Idaho Falls and working at an INL facility he/she will also be working with and supporting projects for other DevonWay customers, located throughout North America.
DevonWay does not have an office in Idaho Falls. While the Application Engineer working at the INL facility will be the only DevonWay employee he/she will interact daily with the INL business application owners. The Application Engineer will interact daily with other DevonWay employees via email, phone, and instant messaging.
Being a remote employee, the Application Engineer must be a self-starter, possess a great work ethic, be able to work alone at times, and have the internal drive to perform at a high level without immediate supervision.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Meet with customers, gather requirements and understand their needs.
- Design and configure application modules to meet customer specifications.
- Perform unit testing to ensure functionality and prevent regression.
- Work in conjunction with customers to develop comprehensive business test scripts.
- Plan for and complete data conversions, interfaces to third-party systems, and reference data loads.
- Design, build, test, and deploy reports.
- Design, build, test, and deploy key performance indicators (KPIs).
- During projects, work with customers to review and refine requirements through a Use-it-Refine-it/Continuous Improvement process.
- Provide work estimates and plans to project manager.
- Conduct training sessions, either over webinars or in person, for recently developed applications.
- Support day-to-day customer operations.
- Participate in the Technical Support Team rotation.
- Perform incident troubleshooting and resolution.
- Work closely with DevonWay internal teams - Development, Products, Sales, and Business Development.
- Accountable to the VP of Account Services, located in Salt Lake City, UT.
- 2 years of technical experience in application configuration or development.
- First-rate problem solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Proficient in SQL query building. Proficiency will be demonstrated during interviews by constructing various SQL queries.
- Experience with scripting and task automation.
- Experience with report generation/business intelligence software.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or the Physical Sciences.
- Excellent judgment, strong initiative, and a desire to delight customers (internal and external).
- Excellent verbal and written communications with ability to express/translate business needs into technology solutiosn and vice versa.
- Excellent teamwork abilities.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Occasional travel required.
- Able to build moderately complex SSRS reports without additional training.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
DevonWay is an equal opportunity employer.
Company information: DevonWay, Inc., https://www.devonway.com