User Interface Developer
DevonWay is a 50-person software company based in San Francisco, California, with offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and Portland, Oregon. We hire the brightest talent we can find and challenge them to delight their customers and use their best judgment, our only two rules. Our internally developed platform, YourWay™, is the cornerstone for building excellent web-based, rules-driven, workflow-aware applications that solve critical problems in process industries such as Nuclear Power, Utilities and Construction. We believe our technology is a game changer for our customers, and our client portfolio is growing every day.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Occasionally contribute to YourWay's Java-based analysis, workflow, reporting, rules, and web services engines
- Support projects and customers with questions and expertise as the need arises
- Help document, test, and train internal customers on new features and functionality
- Perform rotated on-call duty as part of a 24x7 on-call support team
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Java, Sencha, Sencha Touch, Phone Gap, and HTML5 a big plus
- Comfort with Agile development techniques, especially with iterative, test-driven development
- Knowledge of basic database design concepts and the ability to write relatively complex (e.g. multi-join) SQL statements; familiarity with MS SQL Server preferred but not required
- Excellent judgment, strong initiative, and a desire to delight customers (internal and external)
- First-rate technical problem solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for communicating complex concepts to technical and non-technical team members in clear, typo-free, grammatically correct English
- Send an email to email@example.com the job title in the subject line.
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
DevonWay is an equal opportunity employer.